Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Fun day

Yesterday was a fun day.

First I walked past Topshop on oxford street and there was a protest going on. About 40 protesters sat outside the main entrance of Topshop holding banners saying stuff like "Tax Dodger". I took the photo below at around 1:30pm. Hasn't Dolce & Gabanna also recently been sued for tax exemption?



And then I went to Portabello where I met this fashion illustrator called Jane Ryan and we got chatting. 

Irish designer Jane Ryan has worked freelance in fashion for Collette Dinnigan in Sydney and Matthew Williamson in London. Her illustration work has featured in Vogue Australia and Image magazine Ireland. Jane took part in Habitat’s ‘Exposed’ exhibition in 2004 which showcased the work of emerging Irish artists and continued to be represented by Habitat for the next four years. She exhibited at Art Ireland 2006-2007 Dublin and currently shows her work at Portobello & Spitalfields markets London. 

She has also worked as a freelance fashion stylist recently styling photo shots with photographer Paul Gaster for Irish singers Brian Kennedy and Jenna Toro. She has styled Irish designerSinead Robinson’s winter collection and assisted London stylist Savannah Barthorpe with her work for award winning designer Bunmi Olaye.

It's weird because I remember buying a couple of her illustrations about a month ago when I went but I never spoke to her then. Anyway she was very lovely - gave me some good tips and names who I can contact if I ever want work experience etc. Check her out on her website.


Also bought a Glen Miller CD from the happiest CD shop which is just outside the Samuel Smith pub on portabello road. Here are some of the pictures I took yesterday.







V&A













I know these are not really fashion related but hey ho.

Prince Albert









No comments:

Post a Comment